Significantly higher utilisation of renewable energy technologies will result from international cooperation encouraging more effective, efficient and rapid deployment.
The RETD will act as a catalyst for an increased rate of renewable energy technologies deployment,by:
- proposing solutions and options to maximize (1) the share of renewable energy technologies in the global, regional, and national energy systems, and (2) the contribution renewables can make to climate change mitigation, security of energy supply and economic growth, and
- by providing recommendations on how to overcome barriers and means for significant increased renewable energy deployment.
Empower policy makers and energy market actors to make informed decisions on the deployment of renewable energy, by:
- Providing innovative policy options;
- Disseminating best practices related to policy measures and market instruments to increase deployment of renewable energy;
- Increasing awareness of the short-, medium- and long-term impacts of renewable energy action and inaction.