In the week of 17-21 November 2014 IEA-RETD presented the outcome of its work programme in several conferences and workshops in Japan and Europe.
Kristian Petrick participated in the following events in Tokyo / Kyoto
- International Symposium “Large-scale introduction of natural energy is changing the power system”, 17 November 2014, Tokyo, http://jref.or.jp/activities/events_20141117.php (in Japanese) or http://jref.or.jp/en/activities/events_20141117.php (in English) organsied by the Japan Renewable Energy Foundation; Presentation by Kristian Petrick (IEA-RETD) on “Integration of high shares of variable renewables will change the electricity system (RES-E NEXT)”
- 6th International Conference on Integration of Renewable and Distributed Energy Resources (IRED2014), 17-21 November 2014, Kyoto, http://www.ired2014.org/; Presentation by Kristian Petrick (IEA-RETD) on 20 November 2014, Session 5: Markets and Regulatory Framework, on “Is a Prosumer Revolution Imminent? Residential PV-Prosumers – Drivers and Policy Options (RE-PROSUMERS)”
- Energy Charter Workshop “Increasing role of renewable energies in Japan and future scenarios for electricity interconnections in Northeast Asia” organised by the Institute of Energy Economics of Japan and Japan Renewable Energy Foundation; 20 November 2014, Tokyo, 14:00-17:00; Presentation by Kristian Petrick (IEA-RETD) on “Power-Sector Integration of High Shares of Renewables; (RES-E NEXT); see the event pages on JREF or Energy Charter.
- 23rd session of the Committee on Sustainable Energy (CSE): “High-level segment: Energy for Sustainable Development: Must reality conflict with ambition?”, 19 November 2014, Geneva, 15:00-18:00′; Panel-session with David de Jager representing IEA-RETD
- 23rd session of the Committee on Sustainable Energy (CSE) General segment:“How can renewable energy help optimise energy systems?” 21 November 2014, Geneva, 10:00-13:00; Opening address by and panel-session with David de Jager representing IEA-RETD