29 November 2012 in Brussels
For the RE-COMMUNICATE project, IEA-RETD and its Implementing Bodies from IISD, FÖS and Collings&Monney organised on 29 November 2012 a workshop in Brussels that brought together experts in communication and renewable energy from governmental and non-governmental organizations. The workshop focused on the challenges for developing successful communication strategies for the renewable energy sector through a series of presentations and interactive sessions.
- Petrick (RETD): Communication of Renewables – Introduction
- Cottrell (FOES): The RE-COMMUNICATE Project
- Collings (C&M): Keys to implement successful public awareness campaigns
- Gjervan (Enova): From few to many
- Dannemann (Agency for RE Germany): Promoting renewable energy on the municipal level in Germany
- Karlstroem (NTNU): Public perception of renewable technologies
- Egger (Upper Austria): Communicating renewables – from words to action
- Scola EWEA: Gobal wind day 15 June
- Collings (C&M): Demystifing social media
- Cottrell (GBG): Behavioural economics – understanding how audiences tick
- Weischer (WRI): The Energiewende seen from afar
- Vis-Dunbar (IISD): Fossil-Fuel Subsidy Reform: From Research to Influeance
- Bridle (IISD): Communication of Renewables – Wrap up
Another workshop took place on 12 February 2013 in Brussels where the preliminary results of the study were presented and discussed, see here.